Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Phone System in 2004 325

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by rdrnrfan1974, Apr 30, 2008.

rdrnrfan1974 guest

I have a CPO 325ic with Sport and Premium. I can't get a strait answer from the dealer about the phone system. I was told the TCU was the wrong version to support Bluetooth and was given a price to replace it. The funny thing is that the button on the steering wheel makes the phone system activate and dial some unknown number then some operator message comes on saying the phone isn't activated. WEIRD! What was the original option and phone that worked with its system? Was it some cradle type system like the older cars or is there an option for some aftermarket Bluetooth that is BMW approved. I saw a webpage link to europeanautosource.com and they had a BMW module for Bluetooth but it was not called a TCU which is what my dealer said I needed to replace to get Bluetooth. It was called BMW ULF module on the webpage. It was some $1200 cheaper then the part my dealer quoted me so I am a little confused what I can do to get a working phone system in the car with out wasting money on unneeded parts. Also the SOS is not activated, does this make a difference? No one seems to have any answers at the dealerships I deal with. Apparently turnover is high and they only know about cars 2 years old or newer.

Jonathan Spira guest

Do you have BMW Assist?

rdrnrfan1974 guest

I haven't yet subscribed to BMW Assist but the car has the equipment for it.

Jonathan Spira guest

You can replace the Assist module with the ULF if I recall correctly but I don't think you can add Bluetooth and keep Assist.