Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Peake Tool Repair?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by espcane, Aug 7, 2009.

espcane

I have a R5 FCXII that has stopped working. I am pretty sure it is because the pins have been disconnected internally, last time I tried to use it 2 pins pulled out of the unit.

My question is has anyone pulled one of these apart successfully?

I have no issue buying a new one but I am thinking I may go with a more robust solution if I purchase anything (PC based system, etc.)

cmbasse guest

Sir,
    I just bought I new used one in good shap off of ebay for $100.00.
    It is useless to me since I thought I was buy one for a 1988 e28 535is
    I will part with this one for around $70.00.

My number is 210-410-8836

Thanks!

Chris

espcane

Chris thanks for the offer but I managed to rescue mine.

apparently the wire connection to the pins are just crimped and 3 of them were off.

If I were a rich man I'd get the Auto Ingenuity program

I think that is what it is called - advertised in Roundel all the time. I just haven't got a laptop computer I could dedicate to that one purpose, (THAT and plus the program costs around $500). I'll just make do with my Peake Research and Actron auto scanner until something really hardcore comes up, then maybe.....

espcane

Yep, Autoenginuity makes one, expensive but it is capable of being expanded to accommodate other makes/models.

There are 2 alternatives have seen on eBay, Carsoft and PA-Soft, I am trying to get some more info on them as they are more affordable, though you do need a laptop with a serial port.

For now I too will stick with my Actrons and Peake tool (its ugly now but working better than ever).