Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Parts are in the garage!

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Mar 12, 2010.

Zdaneman

Well, tomorrow after shooting my archery tournment I'm going to tear into the Red Rooster and complete the following maintance items; replace my heater /AC control lights, on board computer light display, and right side window regulator. If all goes well, I'll attempt the left side. Since, the forcast is for rain all day tomorrow, might as well take advantage of it and spend some time in the garage with classis rock tunes and tools in hand.

I'll post pics later next week!

Zdaneman sends

Zdaneman

OBC light bar and Heater Controls Good to Go!

I got started late this afternoon so I didn't get to the window regulators. Its been a while since I pulled the center consol, but it wasn't too hard. The difficult part was removing the control front plate with the aftermarket radio. I didn't install it and will replace it later this spring with a better system from crutchfield as well as the speakers. Once the control front plate and the radio was pulled things weren't too difficult. The OBC light bar removal wasn't as easy to disassemble as displayed in the Bavarian Autoparts instructions. None the less, I got it pulled and the new light bar installed. I also replaced heater control light plate assembly and installed new bulbs. All in all, it wasn't that difficult but the small screws sure can be a pain to line up into their slots and tighten with my big stubby fingers!

I've attached a few photos of the process. Window regulators will have to wait till tomorrow evening, if I get time.