Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Our 528e turns 30 this month

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by rodpaine, Oct 9, 2012.

rodpaine

Originally posted at MyE28.com at this LINK, but it also applies to E28 owners visiting this BMWCCA forum, too.

This month, our 528e turns 30, as it was built October 1982 and I bought it new in April 1983. This BMW is the longest I've kept any automobile, having been well known as the "car of the month" guy, many years ago. I tried to get a BMW Original Production Certificate from BMW Mobile Tradition several years ago, but they told me that during the period my 528e was built, they were revising their record keeping processes and as luck would have it, they had no information about my car, as it had been lost. Too bad, as I otherwise have every document associated with this car, since I took delivery of it.

Once in a while when we thought about selling the car, we could never answer the question what will we replace it with? Only once were we going to actually replace it... with a well known Euro M5, but that didn't happen due financial timing. Bottom line is this has been a remarkable automobile and kept in top condition, it continues to provide very reliable transportation and great driving experiences. If you are new to the BMW E28 automobile, take the time to go over it and bring it up to spec. It will not disappoint you, if you truly come to understand the design philosphy of the various E28 models and can appreciate the driving experience they deliver.

Plus, you are here at MyE28.com or BMWCCA, where most all of the resources you may need can be found. Believe me, I know and I am greatful I found these forums some years ago, which has enabled me to keep my E28 in the condition it is in.
    -Rod
    ACSM3 likes this.

MGarrison

That's awesome Rod, congrats! My E30 is 25 this year - oldies, but goodies! ;)