Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Online Membership Renewal

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by catmundu, Apr 5, 2009.

catmundu

I am attempting to renew my membership online, but when I choose to renew with the online form I can not select any additional services on the subscriptions page. It allows me to enter my payment information and hit the "Pay Dues" button with my previous information already prepopulated. Am I doing something incorrectly? The reason I am asking is I would like to add the E30 M3 SIG to my membership since I recently purchased my E30 :D. Is there any way to renew and add options to my membership online? And if not, can we add these options in the future? Renewing online is the ulimate in convenience for me! :) Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Basore guest

Do you want the money or not?

My God you make it hard to pay dues on here. How about this: On the home page make a single button that is titled PAY DUES HERE. You click the button, enter your membership name and credit card info.

Having to register for the site, affirm your membership status, locate a link in the title bar that doesn't look like a tag, and then re-affirm your membership after the process is just silly cumbersome.

Paying dues should be falling-out-of-bed easy. Is there any single thing that could be more important to the survival of the club?

Put your site admin to the test: Develop such a system first, and then show us your artistic ability....
    • Staff

steven s

He was looking to add an additional SIG to his membership which our renewal system currently doesn't allow. The SIG was added and he was able to pay online.
    All set now.

JohnReam

Website Renewal still impossible. US Mail is the only option.

You guys are right, using the BMWCCA.org site to renew is impossible, the site is overall very lousy and way too many of those "Script Errors" (I tried both browsers IE8 and FF3)

When finally got to an online renewal form it kept insisting I needed to pay $284, which required a 3yr membership ($112) + Premier ($172, which I've never had before and don't need now). There is no way to remove or change or reduce these options on the website.

I really just want to renew for another year, $40. Next attempt: I called the 800#, spoke to a nice lady. I mentioned the issue with the website, and she replied that "it's not the website, it's the database". Huh? I'll betcha their inhouse computer expert Bill Howard wouldn't agree with that silly reply, nor do I. It's the poor website design. Next I was got put on hold, and she never came back, so I gave up after a few minutes.

So I'll guess I'll write a check for $40, mail it in and see what happens. I'm not comfortable with sharing credit card info with BMWCCA staff or their database anymore. This should not be so difficult.

John Ream, 15-20 year member.

office guest

John,

I apologize for your negative experience with our site. We realize its limitations and are working to eliminate some of the frustration. Bill Howard was instrumental in designing and implementing this website but no longer helps the club in that capacity.

I was the person you spoke with on the phone. I tried to explain why you were not able to change, on line, from a three year membership to a one year membership. Had I been allowed to finish my response I would have explained that because of the many membership options the Club provides, associate, SIG, multiple chapters and others, we need certain dates and fields in member profiles, to match exactly when a renewal is being made. While it would be preferable for members to make these changes online that is not always possible. When that happens the staff is always available to make those changes for you.

When I put you on hold it was to open your membership record and see why you were being billed $284.00. I am sorry that I was not able to get back to you before you hung up, but I was able to discover what happened. We provide two options for online renewals.
    One allows you to renew your current membership status and the other allows you to renew and ad Premier Membership. You clicked the option to renew and add Premier Membership. Had you stayed on the line I would have been able to tell you that we cleared that from your record and you would not be billed $284.00.

We are very sorry that your online experience was less than satisfactory. We are working to improve the website and our database in order to better serve our members. The National Office is here to assist all of our members whenever they have a problem or a question. We treat credit card information with discretion and are quite capable of helping members over the phone, on line and by mail.

Tricia

rsvedell

Membership renewal

I just renewed my membership for an additional year but you gave me no option to renew for more than 1 year. How can I renew for multiple years before the November 17 deadline.

Thanks
    • Staff

steven s

Currently there is no option.
    How many years did you want to renew for?

rsvedell

Renewal

I would like to take the 3 years for $112.00. Please amend my renewal order to reflect this change. Also can I take advantage of the additional premier membership at any time. At present I have a roadside assistance program from my car insurer that will lapse early next year.

Thanks
    • Staff

steven s

Go ahead and pay online now.

cabender42 guest

Good Grief, Who Designed This.

Obviously the only option is to add Premier status. No matter what link I take it always comes back to the page to add Premier. All I want to do is subscribe for 3 years at $112. I have plenty of car and liability insurance already, and certainly don't want to subsidize doofusses that can't keep track of their car keys via Premier membership dues..
    • Staff

steven s

PM me your name and membership number.

rsvedell

Membership renewal

Cabender42 - send a note to Steven S. He was able to increase my membership to 3 years without any problems and may be able to help you.

As far as identifying CCA members as "doofusses" I dont see the need in debasing other members because of your opnions. There are members who use the premier services for road emergencies such as flats and other breakdowns.

It is best to keep your opinions to yourself.