Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Oil filter housing leak.

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by Skipb, Dec 2, 2017.

Skipb

Hello have a oil filter housing leak my 2006 BMW Z four looks like the very bottom bolt is inaccessible from the front ,radiator may have to come out. Can anyone tell me the proper procedure for doing this .thank you.

MGarrison

Not familiar with the car, so I wouldn't be able to say. If you can't get a socket on it no matter what you do without having to remove something else, then any combo of flex adapters & extensions may not help. If you can get a socket on it, maybe some combination of tools/accessories gets you there. Consider whether you can get it from underneath, obviously that gets into jacking the car up, safely having it on jack stands, potential under-tray parts removals, etc. Google search, also search youtube vids, and the other BMW-specific forums may have tips, suggestions, or diy's from others who've been in the same boat. Good luck w/ project, hope you can get it with minimal extra hassle!

Skipb

Thank you. I think I can get it from underneath. I have done this repair on a 325i wich was simple. This is going to be more challenging.

charlson89

The z does make this a little more difficult but if you use this tool to get at the bolts you won't have any issues.

[IMG]

Skipb

The link to the tool you sent me is a bad link . If you could try again I would appreciate it. Thanks.

charlson89

MGarrison likes this.

MGarrison