Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

O’Fest - Accommodations and Parking

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2014' started by dmmai, Mar 16, 2014.

dmmai

O’Fest - Accommodations and Parking

Really looking forward to O’Fest this year. Delightful time of year.
    The Vail, Avon, Beaver Creek area is beautiful and the planned events sound great.
    The contracted Hotels/Lodges look very nice and the guaranteed room rate is affordable. Nice work!
    A couple of questions please.
    Parking.
    I’ve spoken with representatives of the Park Hyatt Hotel and Beaver Creek Lodge.
    Both said that the only hotel parking was valet.
    As noted on the website, the Park Hyatt quotes $25.00/day for valet parking.
    The Beaver Creek Lodge quoted $50.00/day for valet parking.
    Per the O’Fest website “Free parking is available at Villa Montane and Village Hall parking garages.”
    Both hotel representatives said that the two listed parking garages charged $$ per daytime visit.
    . . Can you confirm for us that these two parking garages will be free for us during O’Fest?
    Both hotel representatives said that no overnight parking was allowed in either garage.
    . . Can you confirm for us that these two parking garages will allow overnight parking, free, for us during O’Fest?
    . . Will there be any security in place in these parking garages?

The last thing is the autocross location.
    A couple of years ago the SCCA held a few high-end autocross events at the Eagle County Regional Airport. That would be cool … :<)
    . . Is that a possibility this summer or will they be run on a local parking lot in Beaver Creek?
    It looks like the banana lot at the resort welcome center is marked. Just curious.
    Thanks for your help.

dmmai

bump
    ?
    • Staff

steven s

There is free public parking in the summer.
    I'll update the website today.

dmmai

Haven't seen any change to the website but I received an e-mail reply from Tricia and I'll include it here.

"Hi Dennis,
    We always work out special concessions during Ofest that the hotel probably is not aware of yet.
    The parking in the garages will be free and 24 hours a day. There will not be any added security by us.
    Thanks,
    Tricia "
    • Staff

steven s

Thanks for the reminder.