Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Not The Deuce And A Quarter I Was Expecting

Discussion in 'BMW' started by mrsbee, Jun 20, 2012.

mrsbee

A funny thing happened on the way to the IGC conference....

A co-worker and I were on our way down to Athens GA to attend a seminar on how to improve our bottom line (boring)...and I was about to sleep...until a lime green license plate on the back of a car being hauled by a trailer caught my eye. To look at the thing, it appeared there was a sale on lime green spray paint.

Slowing down on the interstate to get a good picture of this thing was impossible, due primarily to the fact that my co-worker is very nose up to the whole racing thing and especially gets pouting when I mention anything about my current everyday driver. Luckily enough they the race van got off on the same exit as we did and I was able to hang out the truck window and snap a picture.

Of course, you get a gorgeous blonde girl hanging out a work truck to try to take a picture of your racecar you're PROBABLY going to want to try to strike up a conversation, and usually I'd talk shop til the cows came home, but of course Co-Worker prompts me to roll up the window "before the scary race car driver trys to abduct me".

I scoffed and replied "Dave, really, hes racing a BMW, how bad could he POSSIBLY be?"

The response....
    "Nikki, he has a mid 80's White Chevy Van with NO WINDOWS".

He had a point. I rolled up the window.

The real question is, who is this race 225nota.jpg car driver and where was he taking this thing?!?!?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Maybe headed out west to this:

24 Hours of Lemons, Buttonwillow

I think a lot of e30's are spending their last days on this earth under the banner of these events.