Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

No more manual?

Discussion in 'F10/F11 (2010-2017)' started by jplie, Aug 31, 2013.

jplie

Is it true that you can not buy a 2014 F10 with a manual transmission any more? When you build it on the BMW USA website it's not an option. That's a true bummer as I was saving up for one and it looks like it's not an option.

charlson89

That should still be an option on the F10. The next M5 though is a different story and even the new M4 may not come with one.

jplie

I do see the option for the 2014 M5 for a manual, but I was looking for a 550 in manual but alas no option to select. I know the automatics are getting more fuel efficient and hence may be the underlying driver for the decision by BMW. Plus I understand that manuals are <5% of overall sales, and less so for the 550. Looks like manual transmissions are eventually going to be a thing of the past.

charlson89

Yes the 550 there is no option for a manual anymore sad to say. :( It looks as the days of manuals will be taken over by these SMG/DCT transmissions.

MGarrison

NOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!

mrsbee guest

I can't say that I hate the flappy paddles, but I encourage you to at least give them a chance. I'm sure BMW made the decision for our own good...

riiiiggghhhtttt.

floydarogers

You can build a 535i with a manual, but that's it.