Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

NewbieM

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ddecker, Jul 2, 2012.

Ddecker

Hello all,

I am a newcomer to the BMW world and a little inhibited by my new ( to me) 2004 Z4. It is a beautiful car and I am slowly getting acquainted with it. One question: It has the SOS and wrench buttons and I found the bluetooth passkey but my phone won't recognize a link. Is it Bluetooth enabled or am I missing something? Any advice will be appreciated.

Execute

floydarogers

BMW puts the phone button (and sometimes the SOS) on even if the electronics aren't there. You'll have to ask a dealer or someone to get a VIN readout to see if they're there.
    Or it's possible to select the radio's mode button to see if the phone menu is there (not sure about Z4 - that's what you'd do on a 3-series.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Used to be you'd see a blank filler plate on the dash instead of the switches for the features that your car didn't have because you didn't load it up at ordering time.

Now you get the whole placebo button treatment. Thats' really rubbing it in, BMW...

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Pairing a Bluetooth phone with your BMW is easier these days than it was in 2004. My 2006 paired easily enough, but I never bother, as I can't hear anything with the top down---more important, the people on the other end can't hear me for the wind noise!