Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Visa Card Program

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeamStowell, Jan 24, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

I love the new Visa card program, see it as a nice benefit for both individuals and the chapters, but I have a comment about the competition to sign up the most members. Would it not be more competitive for the smaller chapters if we looked at the percentage of members who join vs. the number? The Green Mountain chapter has just over 100 members, and could probably use the money more than some of the largest chapters with thousands of members.

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Good point and one I was questioning as well. Our chapter, for the first time in its history is over 600 members including Associates. It would seem our smaller chapter would have a greater chance of benefit than your even smaller chapter. I agree, perhaps if the number of people signing up were calculated into a percentage of total chapter membership, like you stated, would be the most "fair" process. That said, I am pretty familiar with this program and the effort the club leaders took to ensure there were lots of benefits that came with this program. It is not just another credit card, but offers many ancillary benefits. The opportunity to feature your own image on the front of the card to truly personalize it is a pretty cool option.
    • Staff

executive director

Fair point about small vs large chapters in terms of the ability to sign folks up. Let me go back to the PartnersFirst and see if they cannot find a way to address that.

Frank
    • Staff

executive director

Guys,

I went back to PartnersFirst and they reminded me that any chapter may qualify for the $250.00 drawing by submitting a minimum of 10 completed applications.

Hope that helps!

Frank

TeamStowell We love driving!

Thank you for going to bat for us Frank. It is good that all chapters are involved in the participation drawing, but I bet the top 5 winners of the other competition come from the ten largest chapters. I would love to be wrong about this! :)
    • Staff

executive director

Scott,

Unfortunately, I cannot deny that is a very real possibility.

Frank