Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to Mods... Help!

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Musikpro, Mar 11, 2008.

Musikpro guest

I keep hearing talk of Stages I II and III... I assume these are degrees of mods, but can someone please explain or point me to a source where I can learn about it? Thanks!

330indy1

www.dinancars.com

the software matches up to the various hardware upgrades
    such as :
    Cold air intake
    High flow throttle body
    Free flow exhaust
    etc.

Musikpro guest

thanks!

awesome, that sheds some light on it... so when planning on changing something, let's say a cold-air intake, do I need to look at compatible software to get as well, or is that something that comes with the mod?

bimmerque

Yeah! you bet! look at Danin, shark injector, or jet just to mention a few. not that I know anything :rolleyes: Im just the rookie of the year:cool:

330indy1

yes, basically

if you buy the Dinan stage 1 software, and a part like a high flow filter, the next upgrades would include the SW upgrades (stage 2 or 3) for no charge. With Dinan you only have to pay for SW once. Read up on it at their site...

schrantz guest

I've never really found any place that gives a clear picture of exacly what stagge I, II, or III is. Stage I in most cases would be like software with no mods, or maybe filter or cold air. Stage II boltons: cold air, exhaust, ignition, easy stuff. Stage II go big could any thing: headers, cam, high power stuff. Alot of places the sell the stage kits give some decriptions of what each level is.

Have fun