Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New To Forum & Question on Vehicle Warranty Report

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by thomgallie, Mar 5, 2012.

thomgallie

Hi,

Looks like the site wants me to introduce myself before posting any questions, so here goes. The family vehicles are 1971 BMW 2002 (mine, dual purpose street/autocross), 1995 e36 325ic (daughter's daily driver), 1999 Z3 2.3 Roadster (wife) and 2001 Z3 2.5i (wife's garage queen). We are fairly new to the club, we certainly think the world of all the people we have met so far through Golden Gate Chapter and we plan to expand our participation, especially with the track crowd. I am brand new to this forum - I lurk mostly on BMW2002faq.com since my daughter and I began restoring the '71 in earnest two years ago.

Question: My brother-in-law is attempting to import his sister’s 2001 USA Z3 2.5i (VIN WBACN33481LK45708) from California into Ontario, Canada where he lives. I have successfully addressed all the Canadian (mechanical) regulations but one: Canada requires a Vehicle Warranty Report which basically states what factory recalls have been addressed for this vehicle. BMW NA now charges $500 for this report. Up until about 2005, BMW USA provided this to Circle Members as a free service.

Does anyone of an alternative, legitimate source for this little piece of paper?

Thanks,

Thom
    Los Gatos, CA

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Well, no. . . but I can certainly forward your note to a few of the people I know at BMW NA and see if they can help you. . . Thom Gallie, is it?

thomgallie

Yes Sir and thank your for your offer. And Satch, I am betting you have access to my contact information but if not I will gladly provide it.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

No help, I'm afraid. Our friends at NA talked with their Canadian colleagues and sent me this reply:
    Seems like a pretty stiff "administrative charge" to me, but it sounds like you've encountered a bureaucracy as indomitable as California's.

thomgallie

That sounds like a definitive answer to me - which is reassuring even if its not the answer I wanted. Thank you very much for investigating on our behalf.