Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to club old friend to BMW

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MHampton, Feb 9, 2014.

MHampton

Hello all!
    Giving a new shout to this community. I am excited to meet new friends and possibly help with my automotive technical experience. My first BMW was a 1984 318i. Growing pains and learning curves taught me to appreciate the engineering that goes into these cars. This also was my first engine build. I unfortunately lost this vehicle to a horrible accident. I later found a 1976 2002, and started a project that was later lost due to some bad conjoining words "Mother Nature, Oklahoma, May". I now have a 2011 328i M series trim package and absolutely love it. Im in search for another 70's model to start a project. My career is to work on them, my passion is to drive them and make new friends along the road!
    Best Regards to all,
    MJ (Oklahoma City,OK)

charlson89

Welcome to the club and sorry about the loss of those nice cars!

Dragkar

Welcome friend! Really sorry about the loss. Do you have any pics of your project? This sounds really interesting! When you gonna start a new one please keep us posted! ;)

Ken.S.330

Welcome. Hope your new ride is in for the long haul. Just curious, you mention that your career is working on "them". BMW's or autos in general. Do you work for a Dealer or independent shop?

MHampton

Thanks everyone! I will try and get some pics of my old project car up soon. I am a technician on all makes all models and work in a dealership.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

A late welcome to the asylum! I see you've already met some of the inmates!

MHampton

Hey everyone, It's official! I accepted a position as a technician at my local BMW dealership. I have been a tech for 12 years and master certified for 5. I started in this industry wanting to become a BMW tech but once I got going, I just fell into a rhythm of working on anything. If anyone has suggestions for a name, I will start a new thread on Tech Talk so we can all learn together. Thanks again all....MJ
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

MGarrison

Congrats! Now you, Charlson, & Terry Sayther can apply triple-brain-power to the tech-talk mysteries popping up around here! ;)