Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to BMW and BMWCCA in Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dpratt, May 12, 2009.

dpratt

Hi everyone. I just ordered my first BMW last weekend, and joined BMWCCA yesterday. I have about eight weeks of anticipation to get through and will rely on this website to help get me through it!

I'm looking forward to absorbing and sharing with other members.

Bimmerdan

Congratulations and welcome to the club!! Your local chapter (Windy City) is a really great group and very active (I was a Windy City member for about 10 years). I think you'll have a blast with them.

So what did you order??

Wanderlustbob guest

Wow do I know that feeling I did the same not too many months ago. You were smarter then I was I didnt join until after I took delivery.

Welcome to the club!

CRKrieger

Don't rely on this website, rely on their website! Eight weeks is a long time up here where the non-snow season is only four months, and you'll miss a lot of great schmoozing opportunities before you get your car. Hit the Windy City website and make some plans to get out and meet them, even if you're driving some kinda' Crapmobile. I can tell you that Barb&Larry often have to show up in a Jeep with Motorsport flag decals on it.

Bimmerdan

They finally got rid of the Jeep and replaced it with an X3 (and yes, it has the Motorsport flag decal on it as well)!

CR is absolutely right, you will be welcome with open arms by that group no matter what you drive! (And be sure to go check out one of the Windy City autocrosses...Barb brings home-made chocolate chip cookies!!!).

dpratt

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I thought I saved what I ordered in my signature; maybe I need a minimum number of posts for it to display. I ordered:

335i xDrive
    Space Gray exterior
    Black with aluminum interior
    Steptronic w/paddles
    Premium, Cold, Sports
    Nav
    CA
    Logic7
    PDC
    iPod adaptor
    All weather mats

I can't wait! Thanks for the suggestions regarding Windy City. I'll check 'em out.

I don't want to wish time away, but is it July yet? :D