Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new radio

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by dkp022952, May 29, 2010.

dkp022952 guest

i have a 1987 m6 and want to replace the radio does anyone have a suggestion i would like one with cd and hd

CRKrieger

Cruise on over to MyE28.com and ask there. There are not only a number of E24 guys there, but pretty much everything that fits an E28 fits an E24. There have been extensive discussions on sound systems from stock to outrageous.

mmorgan1986 guest

I went to a salvage yard and got a BMW radio out of a 1992 318i along with the wiring harness and CD changer. I installed it in my 635 using the harness. The radio fit perfectly and the display is the same as the rest of the dash. I will upgrade the speakers at a later date but right now the system works great. I also added a sub in the trunk.

ISavant01 guest

i just installed a Blaupunkt CD43 in my 1989 635CSi. the guy who is selling these on ebay (he's in the UK) also sells the 17-pin connector and/or antenna adapter. not sure if the RDS features qualify as HD.

while i'm here, i'd like to pose a question.

can anyone recommend a good electrtical/electronics diagnostician in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? it's a long story with modifications added and backed out, but perhaps i'll post that as a separate thread somewhere else.