Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mcpell, Nov 24, 2013.

mcpell

New owner from CT. Picked up a CPO 2010 550i xDrive GT in Black Sapphire Metallic with Black Interior. Purchased at BMW Manhattan and on my way home had an accident occur in front of me going about 50. Car parts flew at my mint car. While waiting for the police report I got to drive it around for about 2 weeks, and it has been at the auto body shop since 11/5. The driver at fault had a CT state minimum 10K of coverage. So, now I have to get my insurance involved as there's about 5K worth of damage.

I'm hoping that once I get my car back the next few years will be a bit more enjoyable...

In the meantime I've picked up some black kidney grilles (hoping to get them in time for the autobody place to install them since the chrome ones are out anyway for painting the bumper) and am starting to think about a DINAN stage 2 upgrade. Idle hands...

Looking forward to meeting some of you all in the CT Valley chapter.

Enjoy,
    McP

mrsbee guest

Black kidney grilles are a sign of coolness.

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums sorry to hear about your car!

mcpell

Contacted my insurance company today - they are going to cover things and then deal with the other company through subrogation. I don't have to pay my deductible and will not have a change in rate/premium. What a difference a day makes.

As to the kidney grilles - not sure they are a sign of coolness, but I do like they way they look. They arrived in the mail today - I'll drop them off at the body shop tomorrow.

Seems like I missed out on most of the fun events in the CT area like the recent Turkey Trot, but will hope to get involved in a few things going forward.

Enjoy,
    McP

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums, hopefully it'll be smooth sailing going forward!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I'm glad the insurance came through!