Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New members Chris & Hope in Williamsburg, Virginia.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Seabee75, Aug 30, 2018.

Seabee75

Hello All. I'm an excited new member especially since I'm now retired and can enjoy it. My fascination with BMW's began in 1982 when I was 7 years old. That year my Uncle bought a brand new 1982 320i. At 7 I thought that was the greatest car ever. I can remember asking him "Uncle, when I grow up can I have your BMW?" His reply was, "Yes Nephew, when you grow up you can have it." When I got my driver's license at 16 I proclaimed how grown up I was but my Uncle still replied "When you grow up you can have it." In the summer of 2017 when I retired from the Military after 21 years of service, I asked my Uncle if I was grown up enough yet. He simply replied "Nope. But one day." Yes, my Uncle still owns that 1982 320i and still drives it from time to time. Once in a while he will even let me take it for a spin.

Some of my assignments during my military career put me in a position to be fortunate enough to drive some really awesome up armored 7 series cars in some less than nice places. But they did their job, kept me safe, and fueled my fascination with BMW. Fast forward to after my retirement and it was time for my Wife and Me to finally purchase our own BMW(s). Of course my Wife received hers first. A CPO '14 328d x-drive. After she drove it for the first time, she got out of the car and proclaimed to me that she will never own another brand ever again. Can't blame her. It's her daily driver that averages 42mpg in town. For some reason though, on the rare occasion that I drive it, a tank will only average 37 or 38mpg. Go figure. Last month we were fortunate enough to stumble upon our second BMW. A '13 128i M-sport with only 26K miles. Its a no frills car. No sunroof, no Navigation, no power seats. Just a fun little weekend car that reminds me of when I was a kid darting around in a 320i with my Uncle.

Anyway, My Wife and I are certainly happy to be aboard. Cheers!

MGarrison

Nice story & nice couple o' bimmers you both got there too!
    Welcome to the club & forums!

frito

Thanks for your service and welcome to the club.

charlson89

Welcome!