Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wellardmac, Mar 4, 2012.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

A quick note to say hello. I am new to BMWCCA membership, but have owned my '08 M3 for almost a year (Photograph below).

I came to my M3 after owning my Porsche 911 for several years. I eventually I decided I needed a performance sedan that I could use on rainy days and with my family when it wasn't practical to drive the 911 (It's hard to go back and forth between a Porsche and an Acura and not be depressed by the experience).

After searching for a couple of weeks I found the perfect car in California, flew out to buy it 2 days later and drove it cross country to NC - great opportunity to get to know my new toy.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know the BMW community and having as much fun as I have the PCA.

6371327253_64ecfe34b7.jpg

MGarrison

lol! :D

Aww, c'mon... don't tell the poor Acura peeps that! ;)

Welcome to the club, nice car!

Thanks! The Acura is a very nice car, until you're comparing it to a Porsche or an M. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I see you bought a nice, conservative family sedan!

Thank you. I'm not a big fan of cars that lack passion. When I put my foot down I want to feel the car respond, rather than hear crickets. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Heh. Party A was at the wheel of my roadster instead of her 335i today, passing an SUV on the inside of her favorite two-lane right-hander, which then runs uphill for about a quarter mile before the lanes merge, which requires a certain amount of Flat Gettin' It. "Huh," she said, "I keep forgetting this poor thing doesn't have turbos!"

Jeez, these kids today. . . .

brucembergeron

Damn Satch, Party A knows how to throw low blows......

Nice garage you have there Wellardmac! What do you drive in the winter, I hear they are tough in NC...... How about a X5 M? Sounds like another good excuse for a cross country road trip. Come to think of it, I hope to make one of these this year for my own E90/92 M3. There are some great deals out there on very low mileage cars.

Look forward to seeing you at Octoberfest 2012.

Thanks.

I drive the E90 in winter (with winter wheels and tires) - it's my daily driver and the 996 is my "fun" car.

Life is hard here in NC. :)

BTW, it's 83F here today and I just ate dinner outside on the patio. ;)