Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Dan96Z3, Feb 2, 2010.

Dan96Z3

Hi. I'm new to the club but have had my 96 Z3 for about 2 years now. My car has just turned 30K miles and I am only the second owner. I use it mainly as my summer ride as Rochester NY weather isn't conducive to driving this type of car. I have begun autcrossing with the local BMW club as well as SCCA. I think the car is fairly competitive but the driver needs some work. Overall I'm happy with the performance even though the 1.9 gets little press within the BMW club. Any thoughts on maintenance/updates for a low mileage 14 year old car? I did change the tires when I bought the car as they were the originals (12 years old!).:)

tiFreak

wow, that's some pretty low mileage :eek: with correct maintenance there have been 318's (same engine) that have lasted to 300k and beyond

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome to the group!

Welcome Dan!

I look forward to seeing you at a future Genesee Valley chapter event! Remember to keep your eyes open for events over in the Patroon Chapter.... we are a short 3 hours away!

granthr

Welcome!!!! Great to have you aboard and great car. I use to live in Rochester, yes the winters are long, but the summers make up for it though!!