Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by RMRusnak, Mar 16, 2008.

RMRusnak guest

Hi I'm along time member, but new to the forum. We have a E-36 M3 and a E-30 M3.

MGarrison

So... how'd that drive back from Ft. Worth go? I think I got home to Cincy here sometime after 2:00 am, made great time through Arkansas and Tennessee (the apparent lack of state trooper presence was... unexpected).

RMRusnak guest

O'Fest

We followed Mark Jon Calabrese from Tx to Tn Very quickly. I don't remember when we arrived in Cle.

MGarrison

I forgot to mention I was packing up my 535i to go at the same time you were loading your M3, in front of the hotel Sat. morning, I think I was just in front of you and off to the side a little. We didn't leave very far apart although I don't remember which of us took off first. If you drove straight through and if we were making roughly the same time, (and took the same route - Dallas-Memphis-Louisville-Cincy), you would have possibly gotten up to Cleveland area 6 -7 am or so - about 18-19 hours from Ft. Worth, give-or-take. Long drive no matter how you look at it! Glad you made it back safe-n-sound.

RMRusnak guest

O'Fest

We were caught in the football traffic gam, it took us about one hour to go 5 miles. Then we got behind Mark Jon. We stopped in Memphis for the night. You didn't stop?

MGarrison

Ya I got caught in that too (forgot about that - selective memory for me I think! lol) - nope, I didn't stop, drove thru to Cincy; but I knew that if I could keep a good avg. speed going, I'd make it back before it got too late for me to keep plugging. Cincy-Dallas is do-able in a day, about 900 miles or so. That extra 4 or 5 hours on to Cleveland would make that impossible, for me at least. Waaaaay past the days of No-Doze and non-stop coffee consumption just to try to keep the eyes open in the 2:00-6:00 a.m. much-more-difficult-to-be-awake-much-less-alert window.

Well, at least for the times we were heading out - I suppose getting rolling at 6:00 am could make for a Midnight-1 am Cleveland arrival.. but jeez... who wants to drive 18-19 hours! or leave @ 6 am - yikes! (yes, right, except of course for those one-lappers). Even though I got home I do have to say.... some Memphis blues and BBQ both woulda made it ez to stop!

You guys gonna do O'fest this year?

RMRusnak guest

O'Fest

Yes we're going. This will be about #25 for me. We're staying at a small inn in Watkins Glen, because the host hotel is allready booked. I don't understand why they picked such a small hotel.