Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member with a question

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 471482, Oct 22, 2013.

I am new to the club but my last 2 cars have been BMWs. I currently have a 2009 335i and I am thinking about trading it for a 2011 335i with sport package and N55 motor. Any advice?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Depends. Does the 2009 have sport?

No sport
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

I personally like the 2011 335i not just the looks put the n55 is a better engine then the n54.

Thanks. Why do you think the n55 is better?

So I should do it because of the sport package and not get hung up on the n55?
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

Yes the sport package vehicle is good looking but you may want to look into the M package looks awesome on that car. The reason I like the N55 better is the design of the engine is better injectors are solenoids not peizo for one a prone issue on the N54, the turbo system now uses twin scroll technology instead of the problematic twin turbo that was on the n54. And with twin scroll I think the vehicle is a lot more responsive then the twin turbo set up. Just a few things I think is a big inprovment.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, what he said---except for the responsiveness of the N55 versus the N54. There's a reason BMW retained the N54 for the is models...