Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member to "White Mountain Chapter"

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by surfwooder, Jun 7, 2018.

surfwooder

Hi All, I've been a member of BMW CCA for quite a while now. I started my BMW membership in the Bayou Chapter, in Metaire, Louisiana. My wife and I moved to New Hampshire last July, and I am now a member of the White Mountain Chapter. I presently own a 2009 BMW Z4, 1997 BMW 328IC convertible, and my wife owns a 2008 BMW 328IC convertible, which we took European delivery.

On my Z4 I've found the car is supposed to have Sirius Satellite Radio installed, but needs to be activated within the actual radio. I took the car to the local dealer,(Tully BMW of Manchester) and found the radio does not have the Sirius receiver installed in the BMW Pro Radio. The dealer also told me the BMW install of Sirius would cost upper of $1000.00. I can get a radio from a used parts store that lists it as being installed. Has anyone had any luck with this type of work around? Seems the same radio is used in many BMWs from 3 series, through 5 series. The radio I am getting is from a 530I. Hopefully will cure the Sirius question. If not the store will give a full refund for the radio.
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

Welcome to the forums! Depending on options for the vehicle you may need a antenna as well. Do you have your last 7 of the vin so I can see your options?