Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member to Forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 450498, Jun 4, 2012.

HI, New member in Central KY. This is my first BMW. I have a 2010 135i convertible. I love the car but am quite disappointed that convertibles can’t participate in the driving schools. I understand the reason behind this, but am disappointed nonetheless. I read a post that a Ohio company is renting cars at the Octoberfest. Would this be a good option ? It is pretty costly, but short of spending $3K for an M driving school I do not see many other options..

MGarrison

If you're planning on coming to O'fest and want to get in some track days, maybe that is a good option, as long as they're not renting only convertibles!

If you find yourself destined to become a track junkie (like so many of us) something dedicated to that purpose might be worth considering - a cheap E30 or E36 project car, perhaps, or keep an eye out on Roundel classifieds for somebody else who's already set one up for track duty. But, yes, to get your feet wet, a rental doesn't sound like a bad option to me.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I share your pain!