Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member saying Hello and a question--!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DannyTheStreet, Apr 24, 2012.

DannyTheStreet

Just became the proud owner of a 1989 635CSi, Black on Black, Automatic, 69k on the odometer. Joined up and wanted to say hello. Also looking for a really good shop/mechanic to perform regular maintenance, check-ups and things like that. I live in Los Angeles but I am moving to Tarzana, CA, in about a month. I know Bimmers Clinic is out there and I have heard good things. I know it's a very particular older model so finding the right place seems tricky... any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Gee

two30grain

Welcome! sorry, east coast, cant help you with the shop, BUT, for the love of god please post pictures of your E24!

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Another East coast welcome, but just as useless on your quest o find a good indy. Someone out there is bound to chime in...

Ditto on the photos!

Also, where did you get such a low mile car? Gotta be a good story there...

DannyTheStreet

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I promise a story as soon as I get to take some pictures of it tomorrow when I finally get some non-metric wheels on it and new tires. The story isn't too crazy but I definitely feel like I lucked out after searching for a long while, and I'm glad I held out for Black on Black because it ended up being the car with the lowest miles I could find.
    Psyched to be part of the club!
    Gee

CRKrieger

Are you totally opposed to getting grease under your nails? The E24 is nearly as simple as the E28 - and even a fumblethumbs like me can keep one of them going. If you're at all handy with a screwdriver, pick up a copy of the Green Bible (the Bentley manual for the E28 - because the E24 is essentially identical under the skin) and check in at www.mye28.com for whatever isn't covered in the Bentley. Otherwise, Wilkommen and hope to run across you some day.