Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new member Pismo Beach CA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by reidhester, Sep 6, 2015.

reidhester

Hi all,
    Just joined as we are seriously considering getting a 228i convertible via the euro delivery next summer. Currently we have a Chevy Volt (with a gen 2 on order) and an 01 Miata. The Beemer would replace the Miata as a road trip car.

I've owned BMWs since 2008 but they've all been GS motorcycles. I was in a hit and run crash last summer on my '13 GS. The bike caught fire as did my legs, putting me on a burn unit for 5 weeks. (I'm OK now, just have burn scars to deal with). So I'm done after 11 years and over 100k of riding. But I do need something to replace the GS in 4 wheels and the 2 series rag top is a serious contender.

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums! Super jealous if you decide to do euro delivery!

reidhester

Thanks. We had been planning a UK trip next summer anyway. My wife, whose mom was a war bride from England, still has cousins there and it's been too long since I've been in the English/Scottish countryside. We'd take a car ferry to and from Normandy, returning to the continent to drop off the Beemer for shipping back home.

1990e30

Welcome.
    Just test drove 228 few weeks ago.
    What an awesome experience. Maybe the best BMW out there.
    I would buy it in a heartbeat, except the wife said NO.
    Oh well, always a next year.

reidhester

Thanks for the welcome. I've pretty well decided on the 228i over a new Miata. We've had an 01 Miata since 03 and while it's like riding on rails, it doesn't make for the most versatile road car. And the 228i will be that plus a canyon carver. Carpe diem.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!