Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member is Suwanee, GA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by aurzua, Jan 5, 2013.

aurzua

Hi all, new to the club and to the hobby after almost 25 years of practically no racing activity. Just bought an 86 E30 (325es) and plan on getting the most out of it. The car is standard, other than seats, steering wheel, and potentially good suspension (lowered by a BMW pro!).
    Since I'm on a stringent budget (married with 3 kids), I can only go a step at a time. The next one now is finding a roll cage. Does anyone know someone that may want to get rid of such. I'm not looking for new necessarily or pricey for that matter, just safe and approved.
    Thanks in advance and look forward to sharing stuff with all.

mrsbee guest

Sorry, but I can't be of any help getting you a roll cage - but I can welcome you to the club! It's always exciting to see new people from this region join the club! The Peachtree Chapter is a great group of people, not to mention they hold some really fantastic driving events!
    aurzua likes this.

charlson89

Welcome to the club good luck with the e30 build can't wait to follow it!
    aurzua likes this.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club! Barring finding a cage builder with whom you'd literally trust your life (people may know how to weld, but that doesn't mean they know anything about how to properly design and build a rollbar/cage), Autopower has been around for ages -

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/rollcages.asp

As for digging something up otherwise, likely best chance for anything like that is getting in touch with the 'CCA club racers running E30's, or the NASA Spec-E30 folks.

aurzua

Great info MGarrison! Thanks also for the link. Looks pretty interesting. I think I will do just that in terms of chatting with other club racers.
    Thanks again.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome! As the owner of an E30 with a custom FIA-spec six-point DOM cage, I second Garrison's Autopower recommendation!