Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member from the National Capital Chapter

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bluecrabmafia, Feb 27, 2009.

bluecrabmafia Bada bing, bada boom

Just wanted to make the required introduction. Coming to the BMWCCA w/ two E34's from Patuxent, MD. A 1989 535iA and a 1991 525iM both in Alpine white. The 525i is the daily driver and I just picked up the 535i with plans of turning it into a dedicated autocross/track car.

I've been working and customizing cars for over 20 years now. I've owned all makes and models, but have always been a fan of the euro sedan. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of my fellow club members in the upcoming events.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Go visit my brother at Road Race Technologies in Dulles, VA (roadracetech.com) for parts, advice, repairs, etc. His name is James, but anyone over there is qualified to shoot the breeze when it comes to racing BMWs.

John in VA

Welcome! I hope you're able to make it to some of the upcoming events.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Good on ya, Fiver Boy!

Welcome to the asylum! If I remember correctly, the 535i or 535is was the first BMW with ABS brakes, which I decided to demonstrate to my Temporary Companion in downtown Seattle. . . at about 1:00 o'clock in the morning. . . on rain-slick streets. Holy cow-this crap actually WORKS! :eek:

I managed to get the damn thing stopped-sideways in the road-before we hit a building, but still. . . .

Anyway, I hope to see you in September at Road Atlanta!

CSBM5

Yep, the E28 535i though. It was the 1985 model year that introduced ABS brakes in the US market in the E28 and E23. I think it was in all E30s from 1986 onward? We bought a 1985 535i, 5spd manual, lsd back in early 1986 -- great car that my wife drove as her DD for 6 years and then me. Wish we hadn't sold it in 1998.