Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member from Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by avholloway, May 1, 2013.

avholloway

Hi!

My name is Anthony Holloway and as of February of this year, I am a BMW owner and BMWCCA member.

Since that time I have already attended four local North Start BMW chapter events to include:
    • One tech session put on by Imola Motorsports
    • One tech session put ton by Orr Motorsports
    • One Advanced Car Control Clinic
    • One family and friends karting event
    I am already planning for the next event, which is a two day Performance Driving School at BIR in June. Any tips for me? Rookie mistakes I should look out for?

My car is a CPO purchased 2010 BMW 135i with a six speed manual transmission. I love this thing!

-Anthony

PS It looks like these forums are hardly used. Is that an accurate perception or am I not seeing the hot spots of the forums?

floydarogers

Certainly, the intro forum here is currently the most-posted-in of the forums. Traffic is down since a re-configuration of the website a while ago, still picking back up.

Don't go away, and welcome.
    • Staff

steven s

Only tip is leave any ego at the gate and make sure your brake fluid is fresh.
    Something I regret is not keeping a log of all my events.
    Note the track. Tire pressures. What you need to remember or work on next time.
    What worked and what didn't work.

I also find recording my sessions to be helpful.
    Especially before returning to the same track.

MGarrison

"The Norwegian Blue prefers kippin' on his back!"

Actually though, what Floyd said - it's a small percentage of members who participate regularly on the forums; on the up-side, you'll be amongst a very select group of highly discriminating & intelligent club members ( :p) so, yes, don't go away.

Peruse the driving school forums, you should find any number of posts & threads of interest -

http://www.bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?forums/driving-schools.117/

Welcome to the club & forums! :)

kgmoodyz4

Welcome, keep posting. there are a few that do, and it gives me something to read at night while I work!

charlson89

Welcome to the club!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

And welcome to the asylum!