Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member - E39

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pbeaulieu, Jul 6, 2017.

pbeaulieu

Hello,

I bought my first BMW about a year ago - a 2003 540i M-Sport with a manual. Great car, but I have a lot to learn!

Something happened yesterday, and I wondered if anyone had seen it before. I can't find anything online.

I was at a stop light and the "Check Engine" light came on. At the same time, the orange pixels in the dash (such as they are) indicated "TR05" for a few seconds, then "TR06". Today, reading the codes with an off-the-shelf scanner, only the evaporative emissions system code seemed to be stored, which is not unusual for this car. But I've wondered about the "TR**" codes.

Thanks!
    Patrick

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums! I don't know about your light, but, our TSA here, Charlson, may.

charlson89

Tr should be for the cd track number playing. If you change a song using the steering wheel controls this would show up. What was the code for the ses light?

I have an 02 E39 530i. Vehicle has sticker notification that it is wired for cell phone. I can't seem to find out how to do this. The car has a CD changer in the trunk, a cassette player in the dash, standard steering wheel (not sport). Does someone know what the phone wiring/connections might be?
    Thanks. Mark

charlson89

What are you trying to add, the Bmw cellular phone?