Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member--135 owner

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by MastaMind, Nov 11, 2008.

MastaMind guest

Here's my typical new member post :p

I picked up my AW 135 the day before father's day and have been enjoying it ever since. I actually dropped my car off this morning at my dealer for the Dinan Stage 2 reflash.

I figured I should go ahead and join BMWCCA at this point, if nothing else for Roundel and potential discounts. Anyone here on 1addicts?

MatthewDFW guest

Welcome! And congrats on your new 1.

I'm here, there, and BimmerForums.com (same user name everywhere). Enjoying my 135i as well - I posted photos here, in the 1-Series gallery. You'll find lots of fellow Bimmer enthusiasts here, and tons of great advice for BMWs in general.

However, the 1-Series traffic here is still pretty light, so I tend to frequent 1Addicts a bit more. However, as more 1s move off the lots and into people's hands, I'm sure 1-Series membership here will pick up.

Enjoy!

bl335i08 guest

Wow, congrats on your new car. With Dinan st.2, how much power increase do you get?

EuroWerkz1

Welcome

Welcome to the club and to the forums. The 135i is a very interesting car and the potential is amazing. I am a Dinan dealer and everytime I do a Stage II software upgrade on a 135i I find myself talking myself into one of these cars, and very soon. A few mods and this car could be the best BMW High Performance value they have ever built.

MastaMind guest

Thank you, and as a fellow AW owner, I have to say your project 1 is very well done! I'm definitely impressed.

Dinan states 384hp/421lb-ft at the flywheel, so I would guess about 325hp/360tq to the wheels, depending on dyno, conditions, etc. It's not the most powerful tune out there, but I feel it strikes a nice balance between performance and reliability.

Good to hear! I mean, if you flash the cars frequently and continue to be impressed, it has to speak well of the car. Honestly, my biggest issue with the car is not the power, it's the suspension. However, I just had to get the stage 2 flash. My next mod will definitely be new dampers and springs.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone!

Oregon

Another 1ADDICTS member checking-in.:)

CoolToolGuy guest

My name is Rick, and I am a 1Addict. :eek:

Patiently waiting while my E82 135i is built - But inside I'm going crazy. :eek:

Have Fun,
    Rick

erikbmw1 guest

Congrats

Welcome... I post on other BMW boards as well. I like the 1add's board best for 1 series info. Talk to you other guys later.

missmelyssa guest

Welcome. I'm new here too with my 06 325i. Just dropped it off at the dealership and checked out the 1 on the showroom floor....niiiiiiice! Post pics of your ride.

I am also learning a lot on here and bimmerforums.

KathyFG guest

Hey, I'm on 1addicts too. Just joined BMWCCA. Awaiting delivery of AW 128i coupe 6MT. Just got back from one-tear Army mobilization, so looking forward to rewarding myself, thanks to Uncle Sam. I'm in south Florida.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome, newbazoids!

Hey, you newly-minted BMW CCA members:

I hope you joined in time to get the March issue of Roundel (unlike most publications, our March issue goes out in. . . March). The cover story is on the Dinan 135i S2, but the writer familiarized himself with a base-line 135i right off the boat, so it's a pretty good analysis of the 135i itself as well as the Dinan-modded car.

I know Stevie D has both an engine dyno room and a DynaPak room, but I would think most of their dynamometer work is done on the DynaPak, since it simply bolts to the rear axles: true horsepower, no roller loss! If that's the case, they must start with rear-wheel horsepuppies and extrapolate to the flywheel, wouldn't they? I'm guessing here. . . .

MastaMind guest

Congrats, sounds like a well earned reward.

Glad to see so many 1addicts members over here as well.

Oregon

Welcome home, Kathy. Thank you for serving in the military.:)

Cody

missmelyssa guest

November 2008 issue

Hey Satch, just got mine yesterday. Looks like I missed out on the November issue everyone's commenting about.

I enjoyed the story about the SF International Car Show where the guy was asking the bimmer reps about the long lost dipsticks on the new models. Will enjoy the rest of the issue tonight.

MastaMind guest

I keep forgetting about this board. I guess I should frequent it more, now that 1addicts is going down the crapper :( Any input, Cody? :p

Anyhow, I ordered the Dinan exhaust last night after work--couldn't resist with the 15% off. I'm looking forward to a more aggressive exhaust note, and this shouldn't be too intrusive.

It's almost spring, which means it's time to break out the 1 again!

Oregon

Masta,

Larry's considered explanation for our en masse resignation(s) as moderators is probably best left at that. However, on a personal note I will add, the Bimmerpost x-fertilization brought to 1ADDICTS an embarrassing indignity of post whores and inner-city gangsta/posers. That was just too much to stomach. Hence, I've washed my hands of 1ADDICTS and have not looked back.

This CCA forum is a good board with much potential, plus, we're all in the same club. I like that. :)

On another note, two weeks ago a pleasant surprise presented itself as the dirt alley leading to the bat cave dehydrated to the point of providing a brief opportunity for braving a sortie past the potholes, at least before the rain began again.

There are but a few friendly avenues in this valley; one such roam weaves between the two Tablerocks, a pair of majestic cloud-shrouded buttes soaring airy in the distance. Those towers provide the most prominent geography born to this beautiful Rogue Valley. The drive dividing the Tablerocks spills into a quaint and comfortable hollow known as Sam's Valley where the road wanders back and forth, easily rolls up and down beneath a canopy of maple and oak, submerged in shadow, surrounded by boulders, it really is so very pretty out there. Surely, God has claimed it for himself.

Falling from that glorious drive you are dumped without warning into downtown Gold Hill, a local tourist trap belabored in faux-kitsch facades noteworthy only for it's ancient and narrow converted railway bridge. Crossing the overpass spanning I-5 you are immediately delivered onto route 238, another heavenly meander stretching for an additional 10 or so canopied miles ultimately returning you to civilization, society and reality. Incidentally, this same Rt 238 is used by the local BMW dealership for test driving the product. You take for granted these lovely runs until the season prevents infinite access, like now.

Back to the point, as 'the thing' had been parked for two months I ventured forth all innocent and unaware without any expectations whatsoever other than to leisurely cruise about for a bit, just drive my little hot rod, lubricate the fiddly bits and maintain the mechanism. Then, without warning, 'the thing' reared it's ugly head. Having been out of the car for two months I had forgotten how fast speed can arrive in this little monster. At one point my shaking hands reminded me once again of the very real license revoking potential contained within this powerful little car. Literally, in the wink of an eye a 135i can deliver you hopeless, lost, unqualified and broken. This car is so much faster than me. :(

So, you young people be careful out there! I know this old man shall should it ever stop raining. :D

Cody

MastaMind guest

Cody,

If only I could read with my eyes closed, I would be able to more easily visualize your long awaited escapade. Unfortunately, my peripheral vision shatters the illusion of acceptable driving conditions. :D

My personal reminder of the 135's capabilities came on the eve of a low 50 degree oasis-like warm up. At this point, I had only driven my post dinan flashed car one time, and it was under damp conditions. While exiting a round-a-bout, my newfound power and increased throttle response, coupled with TIM YOYO mode, reminded me that the runflats are easily overpowered, especially in colder conditions. Thankfully, I was able to reign in the beast and drive home with a humble reminder that wild animals can lash out, even if they're typically docile. On that day, I was lucky to escape with my wheels curb rash free!

Oregon

I had forgotten about TIMYOYO mode. :D Funny. Actually, I disengage the nannies only on one particular mountain drive, which, will not become available until May or so.

This board presents a personality which the moderating team @ 1ADDICTS desired, this board is mannered and polite, free of frenetic gangsta' posers. This place has much potential.

Sorry for my previous extended post, I've not dropped a rhetoric bomb since resigning 1ADDICTS. Sometimes, ya' just gotta' do it.;)

Cody

Oregon

Returning to the spirit of the thread; I originally joined BMW CCA in 1987 as my little 2002 preoccupied most waking thoughts, also, club membership brought parts availability. Some years later, life's circumstances intervened, the 2002 and the club went away.:( Then, in 07', apparently BMW experienced Le Grande Epiphanage, whereby they were somehow reminded fatso cars do not in fact fit-all then announced the 1-Series coupe was coming to America. I rejoined BMW CCA the very same day I ordered my 135i, that was in August of 07'. Back in the saddle! Woohoo! A call to BMW CCA restored my old membership # as well. :cool:

New member? Kinda', sorta'.:)

Cody

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Glad to have you back!

Cody says:

This CCA forum is a good board with much potential, plus, we're all in the same club. I like that.

Yeah. . . plus an average age a little closer to Geezerhood than some forums. . . .

:p