Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New-ish member-Western Washington

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by cold6983, Jan 10, 2020.

cold6983

Long story short (or not)...I am back and this club seems just as great as it was before. I was previously a member after I purchased a 2001 330i 5spd and loved it. I got to meet some of the members and went to the Griots Garage grand reopening in Tacoma and attended a few shows and events several years back. Since then, the 330i has gone into storage, I've had the pleasure of owning an '89 325i 5spd convertible, and I eventually moved on to the Jeep/Offroad community (no risk of speeding tickets, lol). That brings me up to current time, where my wife and I recently picked up a 2014 428i to fill the "fuel efficiency" role in our driveway. First time that I jumped in for a test drive, I couldn't help but get a concerned look from the salesperson when I involuntarily stated, "Oh, I've really missed this!" while grinning ear to ear. Immediately, everything came rushing back with memories of the E46 and E30, sunny days, twisty roads, and my wife grabbing the A-pillar while the rear tires fought for traction. Needless to say, by the end of the day, the "4" was in the driveway trying to fit in with a Wrangler that has tires that come up to the Bimmer's roofline. I now love both of these vehicles with renewed enthusiasm that gets further accented when I switch from one to the other: they are complete polar opposites. I have always preferred vehicles that constantly remind the driver that it was built for a specific purpose, and I couldn't be happier. Jeep buddies look at me funny when I start talking detailing techniques and in-depth maintenance plans so that I can "baby" the Bimmer, just like my BMW buddies look at me like I am crazy when I laugh about gouging the Jeep's rims crawling over rocks, chipping differential teeth, and having branches drug across the paintwork on the trails.
    As far as I am concerned, it a "best of both worlds" situation and I can't wait until the Sun comes back out in the PNW so I can reconnect with CCA members, go to some events and revisit some of my favorite twisty roads. It's good to be back!
    alpinewhite_sj likes this.

charlson89

Welcome back in!

cold6983

Thanks! Currently waiting for payday to order some stuff and start setting aside the "maintenance budget" for the new toy and to restock my detailing kit. Unfortunately, the "4" is going in the garage in preparation for the snow storm hitting tomorrow. On the upside, I am hoping for a couple of paid admin days due to the weather to go play in the Jeeps. If it gets bad enough, I will be running medical workers back and forth to work in the next 24hrs. But, by the time it all blows over, I will be eager to get back in the Bimmer.