Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New in San Diego

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kaerwin, Jun 14, 2012.

kaerwin

Hi all,
    Just got my first BMW (2009 hardtop convertible, LOVING the handling and the wind in my face) -- and I'm hoping to attend a driving school soon. Am a little embarrassed to have the sports package, since I barely know how to drive a stick and don't think I'd do those paddle shifters justice. Can't go to SC anytime soon; should I just find some local events and get word-of-mouth recommendations? Or can anyone here suggest a good option?

Cheers,

Kath

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome!

According to our editor, there is a driving school like every other day in the San Diego area. He also says it is beautiful and sunny all the time; perfect convertible weather every day.

I choose to believe he must be exaggerating. A lot.

Enjoy that car top-down every sunny day!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome---and don't listen to Chris, the envious bastid!

Don't be embarrassed by the sport package, be glad you have it. I'd start with an autocross or two at Qualcomm: looking at the Chapter website, I see that there's an autocross on July 1, and a tour through the mountains two weeks later. Either of these events will convince you that the sport package was a good idea!

And don't worry if this is your first autocross: We have instructors and everything!

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

OK, maybe not every other day. But certainly every other week...

Envious? Ummm, yeah!