Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New here, but not to CCA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by M3 Pilot, Dec 15, 2010.

M3 Pilot

Hey all, I'm in the chapter here in St. Louis. Been the advertising coordinator for a few years, done some DE's and love instructing in Street Survival. I mostly hang out on the board in St. Louis, but thought I'd check things out here.

We've got lots of great roads to drive in our part of the world. You could drive for DAYS in southeast MO and have a ton of fun on the twisties.

CRKrieger

Well, we're here ... so to speak. I'm in a chapter to your northeast that does not include Chicago in it. :D
    I know you do and I have. I wish we had as many - and that they weren't covered by ice most of the year ... :(

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

I see you've already met one of our more colorful inmates! :D

Um, CR, what's this here "ice" of which you speak? Here in SoSoCal, that's what we crush to make margaritas. . . . :eek:

az3579

Why I outta..... *pounds fist into palm*

CRKrieger

Maybe we should save some of ours for Satch. It's those 'trace elements' that really add spice to a margarita ...

M3 Pilot

Speaking of bad weather, I bought my M3 3 years ago this month. Test drove it and brought it home from Wisconsin in an awful snow storm. Had to buy a second set of wheel and snow tires to get it home.

Never had it in the snow since, as it's not my daily.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I just looked at your sig picture. . .

Holy cow! Somebody stole your wheels!

M3 Pilot

Yeah, I think I saw 'em on Craig's list

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Meanwhile, you won't be autorcossing at Qualcomm for a while. . .

Great aerial shot of Qualcomm Park in this morning's paper: The entire west parking lot is under about three feet of water. The playing field is waterlogged, too---and the Something-or-other Bowl starts in two hours. . . .

Brian A

I think it is a budget crisis issue: The State of California can no longer afford good weather. It has been a miserable month.