Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New from Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by RRoot850, Aug 10, 2016.

RRoot850

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ryan Root. I've lived in the Seattle area most of my life. My first car as a teen in high school was a black 1993 E36 325i. I owned and loved the car up until about November 2015 when I sold it after I acquired my true dream car, a 6-speed 850i.

My love for the 8-series started as a young teenager when I first saw one in the movie, The Italian Job with Mark Whalberg. A black 8-series was used to introduce Jason Statham's character "Handsome Rob" and since then I was captivated by the unique styling the 8-series had to offer.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and my search for an E31 began. I spent roughly 2-3 months looking all across the US via Craigslist, Auto-trader and various other search engines, knowing I'd have to use a broad search to find what I was looking for. After being disappointed by the lack of listings available, I eventually started looking towards Canada. I finally found what I was looking for in Moncton, NB, and after an additional month of emails back and forth and several phone calls, I was comfortable enough to purchase the vehicle over such a long distance.

After another week or so of waiting, my E31 had made the trek via a Canadian vehicle transport company all the way to Vancouver, just north of Seattle. From there I drove it across the border into Washington where, after quite a number of logistical headaches, is registered and thoroughly enjoyed.

Looking forward to meeting the members of the Puget Sound chapter and being a part of BMW CCA!

-Ryan

Attached Files:

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums! Nice looking e31 and rare with the manual.

MGarrison

Nice! Welcome to the club & forums!