Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new from colorado

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bojensen, Oct 26, 2012.

bojensen

Good morning,
    Previous member with a near 25 year absence. Previous vehicle was a 1973 2002 that rusted away in Albany! Now rejoining with an eye towards a M3 coupe or sedan. Currently driving a 1998 black Porsche C2S at DE and road:. I love this car but need a daily driver than can be tracked for DE events as swell. Anyone with any ideas on coupe vs sedan, issues to look at prior to purchase. Any information is greatly appreciated. Bo Jensen Longmont Colorado

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Party A sold her M3 coupe (E36) in favor of a four-door 335i because of the utility of four doors, even though she prefers the lines of the E92 coupe. If you have a family or visit Costco, those arguments carry over to the M3 side; the E90 M3 does not lose anything over the E92 on the track, either (says the guy who drove an E90 for several entertaining laps around the Nürburgring...).

charlson89

Welcome to the club, as satch said e90 is not any less of car than the e92 M3. I would go with e90 more doors and still just as much fun. As for issues the E9x M3 has been a really strong running car with no major issues thus far.

bojensen

Thanks for the input. Appreciated greatly - was looking at a 4 door M3. Does anyone have any information on trusted mechanics in the Denver-Boulder area ? Pre purchase inspection and mainetence etc......
    Bo Jensen

charlson89

If you ever in the Omaha NE area and need some work let me know;)