Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New first time owner, Portland Oregon.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Arreat, May 13, 2009.

Arreat guest

Heya everyone, just picked up my first BMW(first car for that matter). It's a 2001 740i with about 160k, got it pretty cheap lucky for me, and needed a few things, but they were all the common problem points on them from what I've read over at bimmerforums so I'm glad I got the car cheap being broken instead of paying a bunch then having it break.

Hopefully I can get her back into tip top shape, once I get it running at least i'll be happy. Already picked up my TiAg touch-up paint and Zaino so the exterior should clean up nice. Now I just need to replace the alternator, Dash MID(Dead Pixels, guess I can try cleaning it apparently), and a few little things like completing the tool kit and first aid kit, as well as finding anyone who can sell me the little wood ODB cover next to the cup holders.

First went to my local dealership (Kuni BMW, appearntly they got some 2009 Center of Excellence Award so I hope they do decently) to get some parts, and found out I get a 20%+ discount being a CCA member, do we get some card or something? They said print out your membership something and bring it, figured that'd just be the homepage while I'm signed in but who knows.

So anyway. Nice to see you all and hope to get to know people around here, I'll be an active forum member for sure, though I'm always timid my first hundred posts. Looking forward to fixing my pretty little car and enjoying the ride....until I have to pull out the plastic again for parts.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Welcome. One huge warning:

DON'T USE THE CUP HOLDERS!!

They are can holders and designed to hold one can of drink. The diagram below from realoem.com, where you can browse the BMW parts catalog. You can see part 17 (which you want.) Part 19 is the can holder that costs over $160, and takes several hours to change out! If you put a cup in it, it will break, and you will hate life.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GG83&mospid=47528&btnr=51_2243&hg=51&fg=35

Wanderlustbob guest

Wow 20% thats awesome. When I got my car alarm added I asked about a discount for BMWCCA and the cashier at the dealer said "What's that" even while looking at the membership card. (Momentum Houston Southwest)

Anyway welcome to the clut I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

az3579

Wow, an E38 as a first car? That's remarkable. I still haven't graduated from my E30. :D

Welcome to the "club", not the "clut" as Bob said. lol

P.S. - If the cupholders are anything like the E39 ones, then they're broken and you can't use them anyway. ;)