Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New (f30M) M3

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by Robotrenegade, Dec 6, 2010.

Robotrenegade guest

Autoexpress previews the 2012 F30 3-series sedan and 2014 F32 M3 coupe. Not much info is new here, but their renders are a fun look at what the next generation F30 and F32 3-series and M3 may resemble.

Consistent with what we have posted in the past, the front fascia features a more upright angle, consistent with BMW's current designs seen in the Z4, 5-series and 7-series. The F30/F32 3-series is also expected to be slightly larger in size, but with shorter front and back overhangs.

Next generation 3-series engine options will include a full range of turbo and naturally aspirated 6-cylinder motors, 4-cylinder motors, and possibly even a new 3-cylinder motor. The F30/F32 M3 is rumored to be lighter than the current M3 and will be powered by a twin turbo 6-cylinder engine, good for possibly 450hp approximately.

The F30 3-series sedan will make its world public debut at the 2012 Geneva Autoshow in March of 2012. The F32 coupe will be unveiled a year later in 2013. The F32 M3 coupe (indications are there will not be an F30 M3 sedan) is expected to debut sometime in 2014.

Deutsch Marques

If the renders are anywhere near accurate, then this should be a nice-looking car IMO. Much better than the current offerings in the 3 Series. Though I have to say, I still think the E46 is my all-time favorite design.

My 2 worries...

1. The 3 Series is going to cost $50K+ nicely equipped! :eek:
    2. We'll get a butt-ugly and impractical GT but no wagon. :mad: