Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New CO 635CSi Member Seeking Dietel Enterprises History

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jsholt, Dec 31, 2013.

jsholt

Hi all. I'm a lifelong car nut in my late 50's who's owned nearly 300 (mostly) interesting cars, but this is my first Beemer. I always admired the 3.0 CS and subsequent 6 Series and just purchased an 81 Euro 635 CSi. It was grey market imported by Dietel Enterprises of Laguna Hills CA and received a 745i turbo engine swap and suspension mods at the same time. It is in remarkable condition though in need of a few restoration tweaks that I'm beginning to pursue. I'd very much like to hear from anyone with a Dietel car, experience or knowledge to add some historical context. For example, I was told by the seller that three 635 CSi's were put together by Dietel with 745i engine swaps, any confirmation?

charlson89

Not sure on the history to much but welcome to the club and congrats on the car!

MGarrison

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I suppose you might ask Mike Dietel... reach me at my e-mail address and I'll try to put him in touch with you.