Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new clutch

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Hot 540, Oct 5, 2008.

Hot 540 guest

Ok ....thanks for the Info..

granthr

No Problem, let me know if you have other questions.

GR

Jeron guest

You can use clutch and brake pedal pressure with the power bleeder attached.

I use this method to speed the brake bleeding process. I pressure the system to about 10 psi, crack the nipple and get in the car and pump the brake (not to the floor).

That method did not work on my E36 clutch. Due to the orientation of the nipple it allowed air into the slave that I had to remove using the method I described above.

Hot 540 guest

do u think this metthod will work on e39 540i????Im going to bleed slave cylinder without removing it...ups just dropped off pressure bleeder..Im goin to attached that and have someone pump clutch pedal.....hope this works

granthr

Doesn't hurt to give it a try. Whatever you do, try not to push the BRAKE pedal outside its normal range of motion. You could damage it if you take it to the floor when bleeding your brakes.

GR

Hot 540 guest

All brake fluid flushed..Including slave cylinder....Cluth feels nice....Job complete....Thanks;)

granthr

Glad to hear you got it done! That is always satisfying! :D

GR