Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Carbon Brake pads

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Mar 19, 2012.

Zdaneman

Used this Sunday while the Princess is still up on jacks in the garage to install new Carbon Brake pads. Hope they perform as advertised with less brake dust and better stopping power with out fading. Install was pretty painless, it took me about 2hrs going step by step on 1st front and 1st rear brakes, torque settings, new sensors, new bolts, ect . Between Bentley's manual and 101 Performacne Projects for your BMW 3 series books it was pretty simple mech job.

Good news my rims are back from Wheel Collison after being polished and I'll have the tires mounted on Thursday. Ugly the price its costing Merchants Tire to correct their service guys performance of rushing on new tire installation on the rims after I told them numerous time, don't screw it up., take your time, if you can't do call me and I'll take it else where....fools rush in.

Rushing a tire change and gouging Ronal wheels - painful...how painful????

$ 565.00 dollars for polishing gouged wheels
    $ 365.00 dollars for Shipping damaged wheels to Wheel collision with insurance of courses

$ 930.00 dollars Total cost for bone dicking a tire changing job. Rims are no longer avaiable new in US. You have to go to Europe to get the rims now.

Thank God, Merchants Tires Manager, Steve is standing behind his guys screwing this work up. Manager has been very good to me....He's an E 30 nut too and he's had my business for over 5 years now with two BMWs , 4 X 4 and several bike trailers. We've never had an issue like this before. I think he fired the guy who did the work.

Steve and I will install the tires together on Thursday and t'll be on the road this Friday! Yeah!!

Few pics enclosed of wheel polished out, photo does not do it justice. And a shot of new brake pads installed. BMW Carbon brake 001.jpg BMW Carbon brake 002.jpg BMW Carbon brake 003.jpg

JackE30

How are the cool carbon pads? I was thinking of getting some. Worth it?