Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New But Not So Noob...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JDiazAmador, Nov 8, 2009.

JDiazAmador

Hey Guys,

Just joined up after years of contemplating it. My good 'ol '97 4Runner is officially totaled and it's time for a new ride. I'm going to get that E36 M3 I've wanted since they were introduced. Its not new, but it will be new to me.

I make my living (what's left of it in this recession), servicing cameras and lenses for motion pictures (film and digital cine, not video). I've managed to greatly increase my mechanical and technical skills (including very high precision metalwork), and I'm confident I can take a well maintained good used M3 and make it purr (like I make the cameras purr).

All my cars have been Japanese up to this point ('84 Mazda RX-7 and the '97 4Runner, that's it, I keep 'em a long time). But I've been working on German made cine cameras and lenses for the last 10 years.

So I might as well be driving a German car since I've tuned into the German industrial design philosophy: "Use good materials and keep improving the design incrementally" and of course "Why make it simple when you can make it complicated".

Look forward to hearing from you, as I'm sure I'll be leaning on some of you for advice (and I may be able to help as well in some areas).

I'm located in Miami, FL (Miami Shores neigborhood).

-Jorge

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome Jorge! I hope you love the M3 as much as we do! Make sure you track down the chapter membership chair and find out what events are occurring in your area.