Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New 99 328i

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by AllenandJo, Aug 25, 2008.

AllenandJo guest

Hello everyone! My Fiance and I just became the proud new owners of a 99 Bmw 328i. It's our first forigen car, besides a Honda. It's in wonderful shape and 66,000 miles on it. Totaly clean car fax. With the shape the car is in your would think an older woman owned it! So we just became a member of CCA today. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything good or bad about this car, anything I might need to know or any suggestions no matter how small! I would love to hear from you. Oh, and when it comes to working on cars, I'm good at changing oil and plugs but I have a feeling that I'm going to get better with this car. I'm in the Army and I can not afford to take it to the dealership. Thanks Allen :)

Autohaus guest

Welcome aboard and thanks for your services. Your M52TU engine is very reliable. If you don't have service records, I suggest you do a full tune-up (don't forget to order the valve cover gasket). Change all fluids including tranny, differential and you should change the water pump and thermostat as well. BTW, nice pics :cool:.