Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New 750iL problems.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Drbnwaldorf, Nov 14, 2016.

Drbnwaldorf

Hey all,

I'm new here, just got my second e38. My son totalled my '99 740iL, so I picked up a 130K 2001 750. I had installed new door latch mechanism and window regulator for the drivers door on the 740. I swapped them onto the 750 this weekend and now my central locking button won unlock the drivers door. There is also the dreaded door opening warning even when the door is closed. This was not happening with the same parts on the old car. Fortunately the key works perfectly.

Any suggestions as to how to rectify this? I was remiss in not unplugging the battery during the swap. Oops! Now my airbag light is on too.

DrB

charlson89

Welcome to the clubs and forums first! Do me a favor and look in the striker for that lock and see if there is a small switch/button where the lock hit it. I can't remember if there is on this late of production of the E38 or not. If there is this switch is what tell the module the door is shut and will allow the locks to be used on the door.

Drbnwaldorf

Thanks for the welcome! I'll take a look at the unit and.look for the switch. Are we talking about where the back of the striker inserts when it latches?

charlson89

When the latch hits the striker it will close the switch.