Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New 2013 BMW 7 Series Once Again Raises The Bar

Discussion in 'BMW NA News' started by BMW NA News, May 30, 2012.

BMW NA News guest

BMW Flagship sets new standards for performance, luxury, efficiency and safety

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – May 24, 2012 6:00pm EDT/3:00pm PDT …
    The newly updated 2013 BMW 7 Series will again set new benchmarks in its class for performance, luxury, efficiency and safety. The updates include significant powertrain upgrades for 740i/Li and 750i/Li models –including BMW’s 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission, xDrive – BMW’s intelligent all-wheel drive system – now available for the 740Li, as well as a completely new powertrain for the ActiveHybrid 7. The new 7 Series boasts a revised exterior that features new technologies such as available LED headlights. The interior of the new 7 is similarly enhanced with a newly redesigned iDrive system and the availability of an optional Bang & Olufsen High-End Surround Sound system. The new 2013 7 Series arrives in US BMW center showrooms in late summer 2012, except for the ActiveHybrid 7 which arrives in early fall.

Powertrain upgrades offer better performance and improved efficiency.
    While the 760Li, with its 6.0-liter Twin Turbo V12, remains the pinnacle in the BMW 7 Series line, both inline-6 cylinder 740i/Li and V8-powered 750i/Li models receive significant enhancements, designed to deliver both better performance and greater efficiency. Every 7 Series model now features an intelligent 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission that offers significantly reduced fuel consumption and emissions. Auto Start-Stop, Brake Energy Regeneration and the second-generation Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO mode offer additional potential for fuel-saving. The sunstantially revised ActiveHybrid 7 sets new standards for efficiency while still delivering on the promise of The Ultimate Driving Machine®.

The 2013 BMW 740i/Li now feature BMW’s latest 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder (N55 engine). Compared to the previous model, this new engine combines a single twin-scroll turbocharger, High-Precision Direct Injection and Valvetronic, BMW’s ground-breaking throttle-less intake system. This engine again uses Double-Vanos infinitely variable camshaft timing. The 740i/Li use a high-output version of this engine delivering 315 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque for power on par with the previous model. The engine is mated to BMW’s 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. The performance of the previous model is maintained while efficiency is significantly improved. US EPA mileage estimates are not yet available. However, in the EU test cycle, fuel consumption was reduced by about 20 percent. Another significant option for customers in the US is the availability of xDrive, BMW’s intelligent all-wheel drive system, for the 2013 BMW 740Li.

Download the entire newsletter.

Continue reading...