Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Need Stereo Repair recommendation

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Oct 20, 2010.

Zdaneman

My stock 6 CD player (trunk mounted) has stopped working. It loads and reads the disc but no sound. I don't think its the radio since WB, AM, FM and cassette function perfectly. All conections seem tight and the system has power.

I don't want to replace it with an after market system since I show it as originial.
    Anyone know of a repair shop where I can send the player for repairs, local Stereo shop or BMW repair shop who can handle this issue in the Washington, D.C. area?

Thanks

Zdaneman sends

MGarrison

There was a place in Florida that was advertising in the Roundel around 6 years ago to repair stuff like that - I'll have to dig through some old Roundels to try to find the name though - too long ago to recall now.

John in VA

The last good shop I knew of, Morris Katz, closed several years ago. Washington Electronics used to have several locations, but I see no results from a search. The current approach seems to be toss it and replace it!
    I have a TR1003 changer if that's what you need. PM or e-mail me.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

M3Driver guest

I believe that is the same place I used (it was in FL) after seeing them in Roundel. They fixed the 6 disc player in our 528i and it worked for about 6 months and I sent it back again. They fixed it (again) and sent it back. It worked for about the same amount of time before it broke. I ended up getting a "USA SPEC" version from Crutchfield that included the cable that connected it 1 to 1 to the existing system. Solved the problem permanently at that point. Seems like the unit was only a little over $250.00 too.

bobpressprich

I am a purist when it comes to my interiors of my BMW's, so I like to keep the original stereo. I have sent my equipment to this guy many times, and he is totally reliable, inexpensive, and very competent. I would give him a phone call. Why would it matter if he is in the state of Washington? http://www.tomsradiorepair.com

Zdaneman

Thanks

bobpressprich,

I'll check him out! Again, thanks for the info!

Wes