Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Motion Induced Blindness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by steven s, Mar 2, 2013.

• Staff

steven s

kgmoodyz4

Interesting! I wish that I knew about this a week ago. I taught a driver refresher class at work and this would have been a great tool to use. I will file it away for next time.

kgmoodyz4

That was is good too. I have used the gorilla and the basketball for some of my defensive tactics courses. It is amazing how much we miss, when we don't pay attention.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

It's not that we're not paying attention; it's that our attention is so narrowly focused. In the 1950s, Stirling Moss and Denis Jenkinson conducted experiments with helmet intercoms. (They had won the 1955 Mille Miglia using hand signals, mostly.) It turned out that, at about 150 mph, the intercoms no longer functioned. It took awhile to figure out that Moss' concentration was such that at a certain speed, his brain devoted everything to the senses of sight and touch, and simply threw the off switch for hearing.

By the way, I see the gorillas. But then, I have ADD—oh, look! A squirrel!
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.

At that time, the cock-pit/cab wind noise and the poor fitment of the helmets likely overwhelmed the volume capability of the headset.

Dug the dog.................Squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!