Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

mon

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MONRAZO, Sep 17, 2017.

MONRAZO

Hi folks, nice to be here. I bought bmw 2007 328i sedan and we found out that everytime we used it and we park over the night the battery get easily drain even i locked it. And when i check in the morning my battery volt is just like 11 or 10v. So i dont know the exact problem of my car.

charlson89

Wish the welcome was for better new than a battery drain. Sounds like you might be having something draining the system down. First this to do is check the battery state of health this can be done at any local auto parts store for no cost. If the battery is bad then it will need to be replaced before you continue on. The next step is to check you alternator. Let the vehicle idle and measure the voltage at the battery should be around 13-15v. Anything less or more you might have a charging problem. The next step is to see if the car is going to sleep. Turn the vehicle off and let the vehicle go to sleep. You can tell if the vehicle goes to sleep by waiting for the start stop button illumination to go off. This should take around 3 to 10 mins. If the light never goes off the vehicle is not going to sleep and will need to figure out what is keeping the car awake. Let me know what you find from the stuff above and we can go from there.

MONRAZO

Thank you so much. I replaced the battery 3 weeks ago. But i didn’t check it yet the alternator if its good or not. Ill let you know this week. Appreciate sir. And one thing sir i have adaptive light failure, i replace the bulb but still the light still came off and on a quite bit. Do i need to replace the ballast or somewhere else is not properly function? Thank you

charlson89

adaptive light failure has nothing to do with the lights working. What it does is turn the lights when your turning around a corner to show the road your turning onto. To check which light is causing this issue turn the lights onto auto in the dark and turn the steering wheel and see which one doesn't move. Thats the one thats causing the issue. Without the faults it will be hard to say if it is the module for the stepper motor controller module called SMC. You could take the SMC out and make sure there is no water damage.

MONRAZO

Got it. So the reason why i had a adaptive light failure on my dash is because it doesn’t work if i turned the wheel left and right. Need to be followed where ever i turned my wheel? And the reason why it is failed because it soak some water inside.?

charlson89

Possible that water got into the headlight and shorted out the module or it could have failed on its own as well.