Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Mini COUNTRYMAN - 4 Doors & Optional AWD

Discussion in 'R60 Countryman (2010-2016)' started by CraigBMW2002, Feb 4, 2010.

CraigBMW2002

Due out in the fall of 2011 in Continental Europe - a Mini with 4 doors and optional AWD. It is 4.1 meters long, or only 7 cm longer than a Clubman. Here is a series of 19 photos of the car from Munich's #1 newspaper, Die Süddeutsche Zeitung:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/automobil/282/501537/bilder/?img=1.0

Lineup for Europe:
    Mini One [base model - never imported to USA]
    Mini D One [base model with a normally aspirated 1.6 liter diesel
    Mini Cooper - Base model for North America
    Mini D Cooper - Powered by a 1.6 liter turbo diesel. We can only hope that we get it.
    Mini Cooper S

mb135is

Like the "aggressive" look of it. Looking forward to taking it for a spin cough-Mr.Carlson-cough.

And just another step in BMW's process of bleeding the MINI stone dry. Not a bad thing, but a thing nonetheless.

- Marc

CraigBMW2002

Mini Turbo Diesel

Yes Marc -- another variation on the Mini theme. But it is a car that could get my sister-in-law Susan out of her Volvo wagon now that she and Kurt are "empty nesters."

Why is BMW NA holding back on turbo-diesels? I want to see the Mini D Cooper with a turbo-charged diesel four in all Mini variations. And after reading the February Roundel, I want to see the 320d, efficient dynamics edition in our showrooms -- with a six-speed manual, of course.

Marc, I bet we agree on this - both Minis and Bimmers should have three pedals on the floor!

Craig - BMW CCA #4264

mb135is

Yep, the brand grows and the customer base grows and more people are indoctrinated. Add that to some solid scripture, like "both Minis and Bimmers should have three pedals on the floor," and we've got a good religion going!

The diesel issue is beyond my capability of understanding at this point. People who have been in this biz longer and who have better contacts can explain all of the legal "red tape" and technological difficulties that are present in bringing us the diesel. If it gets worked out, I'll be for it.

-Marc