Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Launch Event at NOLA Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by steven s, Dec 14, 2012.

mrsbee guest

Yes, I'm sitting here in 65 in Indiana... I've found that the tires are only good while in motion. I've been here sitting in the one for almost three hours and haven't moved an inch.

Beyond that, I just had a friendly unhappy engine light just appear. I knew I should have stayed where the palm trees sway. If you read about a little blonde girl found frozen to death in a one series along the side of 65, you can assume it's me and blame it on my bad luck.

kgmoodyz4

I hope you get to moving soon. If you are near Columbus I can help you with a place to stay and warm up.

mrsbee guest

I sincerely appreciate your kindness! We were able to navigate the one through the blizzard, with only one hairy moment. Of course, the moment was caused by somebody else.

kgmoodyz4

That is good to hear. More snow expected on Friday, but only an inch or so.

mrsbee guest

Whew, I'll be safe in the land of Spartanburg by then. The over night stay in Louisville was a nice way to break up the trip actually! I can thank the blizzard for letting me enjoy my favorite bourbon at a low low price.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

View attachment 524

Let me think this one over again...
    Snow in Dallas for Christmas, perfect timing.
    Yesterday the sun came out & melted the snow
    off the streets... Back in the high 60's by Friday.
    Yep, my Bridgestones are still warm & toasty
    sitting in my garage...
    MrsBee likes this.

mrsbee guest

Ah, back to my office chair, how I've missed thee!

I must say, after being snowbound in the One Series I have a new appreciation for the climate that I'm blessed to live in. The actual driving through the snow in the car wasn't an issue at all, it was all the other bozos on the road that either had less technology or bald tires or just a combination of both. I'd like to thank DTC, DWS and Mr. Bee for getting us safe and sound back in the land of swaying palm trees.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Ah Ha!

So with all the hi-tech gadgets & the most highly rated snow tires,
    you now agree that the best defense against "Road Bozo"s" is to
    simply let them have the road when the weather goes from bad to worse.

Works for me! ;)